Training camp bug

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
ursus_arctos

Training camp bug

Post by ursus_arctos »

Revisiting Bygfoot 2.2.1 and I have run into something from what I have experienced before. When I send my players to training camp and press "APPLY"
the only thing that happens is that the training fee is payed but my players doesn´t get any better. Running Win 10
Have a good day, or better still, have the best ever
will_the_canuck

Re: Training camp bug

Post by will_the_canuck »

ursus_arctos wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:06 pm Revisiting Bygfoot 2.2.1 and I have run into something from what I have experienced before. When I send my players to training camp and press "APPLY"
the only thing that happens is that the training fee is payed but my players doesn´t get any better. Running Win 10
Hello again ursus_arctos.

Well, not really commenting on version 2.2.1 of bygfoot right now, I'll ask a question or two about the "training camp" of which you speak. You do say that when you send your players to training camp and press "apply", nothing appears to happen and only the training fee is subtracted? Does this usually happen or is this the odd time only? When I do think about it, this can happen but it all depends on certain conditions and the age of the players I'd say.

For starters, when you go to the training camp, there are (at least with version 2.3.2) three different hotel classes: good, first-class, and premium, with premium being the more expensive of course. I'll say that I believe I've noticed that even when selecting the premium hotel for training and I see the price charged, I do not believe the full amount is usually charged. I can confirm this after just trying it. So luckily, we can get a discount when training our players, which is nice. So when you do go to train your players ursus_arctos, which level of hotel do you usually select?

After the level of hotel, there are three other options, each with a sliding scale that goes from zero to ten: recreation, training, and camp points. I guess the default values would have 5 points for "recreation" and 5 points for "training". If you wanted to train your players to the fullest extent, I would recommend putting the value for "recreation" to 0 points and the value for "training" to 10 points. And if you chose the "premium" hotel, hopefully that would give you the biggest benefit for those players that can use training to improve. If you wanted to rest your players to improve their fitness percentage level, you would put all of your 10 points to "recreation". I did try it just now and it raised the fitness level for some of my players by over 10 percent, when using the "premium" hotel option. I guess of note, you can only allocate 10 points max. As for the "camp points", I don't quite know what they do and never tried it myself, but basically as "recreation" and "training" start with 5 points each as a default, when you decrease one of those values to transfer them to the other option, the "camp points" will be filled temporarily with any amount deducted from either of the other two values. I guess one way to think about it is that "camp points" are points that are yet to be allocated and as you have 10 points available to use, you should use a total of 10 points in any combination you choose for "recreation" and "training" and don't really leave any points unused. So hopefully ursus_arctos, when you are using the training camp for your players, you are making full use of all 10 points available.

So now, as the available options have been mentioned for how to use the training camp, I'll say a few things where sometimes players may not even benefit from training. As I said, sometimes the age of players does matter and also how much training they've had in the past and also what their current skill (Sk) levels are in comparison to their estimated talent (Etal) levels. If someone is old enough, say 23 and older and their skill levels are close enough to their estimated talent levels, they may not increase their skill level for some time, even with training. This would be especially true if they are older than that, like 26 to 28 or more. But if someone has a large enough gap between their skill level and their estimated talent level, there can be improvement when training. I guess a question would be that when you do apply a training camp for your players, does their fitness level change any? When I do training, as I use premium hotel and level 10 for "training", usually 3 percent of a player's fitness will be taken off, although it does vary by +/- 0.33 percent depending on the age of the player. So even though a player's skill level may not change during a training session, their fitness level should definitely change somewhat, whether you chose "recreation" or "training". Of course, "training" will decrease a player's fitness level, but "recreation" will increase a player's fitness level. I should also add that my scout for the team is set to "best", which also is a factor when training I would say.

I'll also mention that if you are like me, you would usually have your youth academy players as part of your team instead of in your youth academy. They are the ones that can greatly benefit from the training camp option and can improve quite a bit when trained and as part of your team. Though there are times that once they hit a certain level, training won't always improve your younger players. But that is the risk you take when training I guess. There can be a downside too. If you have older players, like older than 30 years old, sometimes training can actually decrease their skill (Sk) levels. Again, that is another risk you take.

So ursus_arctos, with all the above mentioned, when you did use the training camp and saw no difference in your players' skill levels, was there at least a difference in their fitness levels to imply that the training camp was being applied yet there were no changes to make? Or did nothing change and you were just losing money for it? I guess you would have to screen shot the before and after to see if there truly was any change, but oh well. If you were just looking at the average skills totals, they themselves might not have changed enough to notice but then some players could have changed either way. Hopefully you can check this out and get back to us on it. Although as you are using version 2.2.1, nothing will likely be done regarding that version, nor the version I am using, version 2.3.2. As there is development from version 2.3.3 and up, a newer version would hopefully not have the issue you described, if it truly is a problem.

So for now, I'll let you go and hopefully you can figure this problem out. Take care for now,

Will aka will_the_canuck
ursus_arctos

Post by ursus_arctos »

Thank you for your answer

I have played different versions of bygfoot on both Win and Linux but I have never encountered this problem before. It was also odd that training was allready at 10 and the other 2 choices was at zero, normally you have to change all of them if needed. I always choose training 10 and best hotel. I have played 2.2.1. before and haven´t had that problem before. Any idea?

If ererything possible is impossible only the impossible is possible :D
ursus_arctos

Post by ursus_arctos »

The impossible was possible, I mixed up training in 2.3.* and 2.2.1, they are a little bit different. My only excuse is high age, 77.

SORRY :(

Janne
will_the_canuck

Post by will_the_canuck »

ursus_arctos wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:16 pm The impossible was possible, I mixed up training in 2.3.* and 2.2.1, they are a little bit different. My only excuse is high age, 77.

SORRY :(

Janne
ursus_arctos wrote:I have played different versions of bygfoot on both Win and Linux but I have never encountered this problem before. It was also odd that training was allready at 10 and the other 2 choices was at zero, normally you have to change all of them if needed. I always choose training 10 and best hotel. I have played 2.2.1. before and haven´t had that problem before. Any idea?
Ah. Does this mean there is no problem? :) I'm left wondering if that is the answer or whether there really is a problem? Though honestly, I do not believe there is a problem, at least with version 2.3.2. And as for the choices for the 10 points being already allocated when opening up the training camp, you can actually save your preferred settings in two different locations (for version 2.3.2):

(1) in the training camp window, there is a checkbox that you can select in the bottom left hand corner of the window, which has the words "Save settings as default"; I guess you put the settings to the way you want them and check mark this option and when you press the "Apply" button, it should save these options for your saved game only, I believe;

(2) in the main bygfoot window, you can go to the "Options" menu and then select the "Preferences" option; from there, select the "Training camp" tab and select which hotel you prefer and how you want to distribute the ten points allocated between recreation and training, and then select the appropriate options available ("Save global settings to file" or "Save user settings to file"), if wanted, and when you are satisfied with your choices, hit the "Apply" button.

The "Save global settings to file" and "Save user settings to file" should be self-explanatory, but just in case, selecting the global settings should save the settings for anyone who plays with bygfoot on your computer and the user settings should save the settings for the username you are using while playing bygfoot on your computer. If you were to play bygfoot with a different username, the settings would not be saved for the new username then if you only selected the user settings option.

Oh well. Either way ursus_arctos, I would look at it as a positive that even at your advanced age, you're still playing bygfoot and enjoying it? :) And as for problems with the training camp, I do not believe there are any but unless you did truly find one, then that would suck. But too, as I mentioned before, I do believe that the value that does show up in the amount that will be charged when selecting a particular level of training is not really the amount that is charged but an amount that is actually less than what is shown, and that is a positive, right? So we can take the wins when we get them.

Take care for now,

Will aka will_the_canuck
ursus_arctos

Post by ursus_arctos »

Thank you for your patience.

ursus_arctos