list index bug

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
cragwolf

list index bug

Post by cragwolf »

1. Put one of your players on the transfer list.
2. When another team offers to buy this player, agree to the deal.
3. The player remains in your "Player list 1", but when you click on his name he disappears. OK, fine.
4. Now, when you want to reorganise your team, let's say you want to swap 13 for 9, by clicking on 9 and then clicking on 13, the swapping doesn't work properly. Sometimes 12 will get swapped for 9, sometimes not.

I haven't worked out the exact pattern behind this bug. But I suspect that the list index for each player gets screwed up after a transfer.
cragwolf

Post by cragwolf »

Sorry, it was version 1.8.1
vector

Post by vector »

Interesting we have had similar problems once before but I thought all this was sorted.
3. The player remains in your "Player list 1", but when you click on his name he disappears. OK, fine.
I believe this is simply the fact that once the players window gets focus again it refreshs. ie you should also get the same effect if you hit the "home" icon?

I always tend to hit the team sort icon after a match or after transfers as things can get a bit messy with substitutions, defence playing as midfielders etc and transfers.

could try that for us?
also If you dont mind spending some time on the bug for us:). do a save b4 the match. if the trasnfer bug happens. save it again as a different file. reload the previous and see if the transfer bug happens again.
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

i've taken a look and indeed the player list doesn't get refreshed. i've corrected this and updated the cvs.

i wasn't able to reproduce the second error, however, although i tried several times. after swapping two players, the transfered player gets removed and everything works fine. did you have some special circumstances when the bug occurred, e.g. only 12 players or such? can you reproduce the bug?

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
cragwolf

Post by cragwolf »

Yes, I can always and easily reproduce the bug. I currently have two saves from an example game:

testbefore.zip is from before the transfer.
testafter.zip is from after the transfer.

If I reload testafter.zip, then I will see the bug I described earlier of swapping the wrong players.

Interestingly, if I save immediately after clicking OK for the transfer, then reload this saved file, then no problems. Problem only happens if you click on the player list, on the transfered player and then when he disappears, on other players ... in other words after verifying bug.

There does not seem to be any special circumstances. It happens always.

So to summarise:

Transfer, then save ----> subsequent loads show no bug.
Transfer, then verify bug, then save ----> subsequent loads show bug.

It's as if the act of clicking on the already-transferred player will freeze the bug in place, and make it permanent. So maybe your fix of the first error will solve the second error. If you would like me to email you the above two files, let me know.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

cragwolf wrote:It's as if the act of clicking on the already-transferred player will freeze the bug in place, and make it permanent. So maybe your fix of the first error will solve the second error. If you would like me to email you the above two files, let me know.
ah, now i could reproduce it, too. clicking on the transferred player is essential, if you just swap two other players there's no problem.

i believe the bug should be solved then. as the list gets refreshed after the transfer, you can't click on the transferred player. thanks for your report.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.