National Team Competitions

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
will_the_canuck

National Team Competitions

Post by will_the_canuck »

Hello again. Well, this is a question more or less about the interest for standalone versions of national team competition definitions, like say UEFA's European Football Championship (aka The Euros) or CONMEBOL's Copa America. With something like the Euros, they can be spaced out to last say 26 to 28 weeks in length. As for the Copa America, you're talking about up to week 11 or so max, as there are only 8 weeks worth of matches anyways.

I'll add that currently within the definitions of bygfoot, under the "miscellaneous" directory, there are definitions for the Euro 2008, the FIFA World Cup, the World Cup 2006, and the European Union league I guess, which appears playable. So adding onto these international contests seems like a little overkill I guess, unless it is an update. :)

So, what I did was create a definition for UEFA's European Football Championship that is playable, using the updated values for average talent for the respective countries within UEFA, that I already posted about in a previous post. As there are two countries that don't have pictures of their flags within bygfoot already, I've also included them here. You have to put them in a pixmaps directory, which can be in your bygfoot user directory if you like. And lastly, I'm putting this definition in a new directory called "national_team_competitions" since really, this isn't a normal country definition and as I plan on also doing some more national team competitions, it will stand out as a national team thing other than a normal football club thing, if you know what I mean? And even though I am putting it in a specific directory, you can put the file in any directory you wish. I'm just putting it in a different directory so that it stands out and will be better identified as being a definition for national teams over club teams.

So if you decide to try this definition out, feel free to give comments or feedback. Until next time, take care and have fun and happy gaming...

will_the_canuck
Attachments
uefa_european_championship.zip
(6.95 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
will_the_canuck

FIFA World Cup 2022 from Group Stage to Finals

Post by will_the_canuck »

Hello to everyone on the forum.

I created this definition based upon the qualified teams of the World Cup 2022 from the Group Stages to the Finals. There is a playable version and a friendly, spectator version, which can be added to your favorite definition to watch as you play your preferred country definition. As the game play only has 7 rounds of matches, the definition only lasts 9 weeks (skipping the first week and ending in the last week) before repeating itself. I also took the names from the players on the teams and included them in the name files, although individually, so you can have a Messi or a Mbappé, but you may not get a Lionel Messi or a Kylian Mbappé. For more information, there is a readme.txt file as part of the zip file.

As this was tested out using version 2.3.2 through the Ubuntu Repositories, there were no problems given that I could see. So if there are any problems, please let me know in case any show up. If you do try out this definition, I hope you can enjoy it.

Will aka will_the_canuck
Attachments
fwc22.zip
(41.73 KiB) Downloaded 250 times