What you want adding in bygfoot to improve game?

General discussions about the game, e.g. game strategy.
buffonishche

What you want adding in bygfoot to improve game?

Post by buffonishche »

Let's go dream. :-) If game will to continue develop.

I think trade players is first that need add in game. Second, more strategy elements. What I mean? Choosing of many strategy like Tiki-taka(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiki-taka), Catenaccio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catenaccio) etc. Maybe add role of players. For example, Full-back, Playmaker, Striker etc. (see wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associati ... _positions). This help to beat better team with tactics like in real football. Sometimes less-skill team show good result. Porto in Champions League 2004, Leicester in Premier League 15-16, Greece on EURO 2004 etc. I really love these moments in football.

Any suggestions by you?
I know. My English sux. Sorry, guys. I'm really stupid to learn langs. ^__^
will_the_canuck

Re: What you want adding in bygfoot to improve game?

Post by will_the_canuck »

buffonishche wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:16 am Let's go dream. :-) If game will to continue develop.

I think trade players is first that need add in game.
Well buffonishche, let me ask what you mean by the above suggestion? As for the ability to buy or sell players, the game already has that ability...it is called the transfer list. :) To access it, you can click on the icon beside the house icon. The icon has both a red and green arrow on it. That icon represents the transfer list. You are free to send your players there to be sold or you are free to bid on any players on the transfer list that you would like to buy, although there are some hitches, like time limits. The transfer window is only open for a set amount of time, after which, you have to wait until next season for it to open up again. When you first click on the transfer list, if you wait long enough, you'll see how long the window will stay open, in number of weeks or rather by what week number the transfer list will close.

Now if you're talking about looking at a particular team's roster and wanting to bid on that player that interests you, by either paying cash or trading one or more of your own players for that player or more, that is not a feature that has been implemented but from what I read, it may be hard to implement and properly code to begin with. I guess with the computer teams, whenever it comes to a player you buy in the transfer list, they demand a certain fee for the player and as long as you offer the right amount that is equal to or greater than that fee they expect or want, you can get the player. With a player swap per say, both players would not be at the same value and ultimately, cash would have to be included. Also, the computer won't budge until they get a value that is equal to or greater than the value for the player(s) that they are trading. I think this is one thing that might be holding up the developers in understanding this feature request. That, or it just might be very, very hard to actually code to the point of it working properly. :) So for the meantime, we're stuck with the transfer list being the only means available to us for buying or selling our players.
Second, more strategy elements. What I mean? Choosing of many strategy like Tiki-taka(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiki-taka), Catenaccio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catenaccio) etc. Maybe add role of players. For example, Full-back, Playmaker, Striker etc. (see wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associati ... _positions). This help to beat better team with tactics like in real football. Sometimes less-skill team show good result. Porto in Champions League 2004, Leicester in Premier League 15-16, Greece on EURO 2004 etc. I really love these moments in football.
I guess when I think of this suggestion of "strategy elements", I try to wonder how might it be coded or implemented within the game itself. As the game is meant to be simple, would having strategies like this complicate things more than the user may be able to understand or want to deal with? As well, we don't really get a visual representation of the action or game play going on as it happens, just a line of text as a commentary of what happened. And even still, the game is simple enough that the groups of players are divided into goalies, defencemen/defenders, midfielders, and forwards. If you were to try to select a custom structure for your team to play with, like say a 3-1-4-1-1, where that may imply 3 defenders, 5 midfielders and 2 forwards, the best you could do is enter it as 3-5-2 since it only groups everything in as defenders, midfielders, and forwards, not including the goalie. So it is kept simple for both the developers and the user.

I guess for myself, some of these features that people suggest may sound nice and all but are they really needed? Yes, I will say some may be fun, like the ability to go to a particular team and make a bid on a particular player that interests you, but we do have the transfer list and that is adequate I'd say. So beyond that, what do you think? The game is meant to be simple. Might some of the suggestions you make make the game more complicated or will it still retain the measure of being a simple game?

Will aka will_the_canuck
buffonishche

Post by buffonishche »

looking at a particular team's roster and wanting to bid on that player that interests you, by either paying cash or trading one or more of your own players for that player or more
Yes. This is it. I love explore club's roster and looking for player with potential (good etal, high score etc). I want to buy them. Player's search is a cool moment in football manager, I guess. Do not you agree?
The game is meant to be simple. Might some of the suggestions you make make the game more complicated or will it still retain the measure of being a simple game?

Agree. My suggestions may to make the game harder. But I talk that I want see in a game. This is MY DREAM! :-) Sure, Not all will agree with me. But this is topic for OURS suggestions. I wrote about MY.
I know. My English sux. Sorry, guys. I'm really stupid to learn langs. ^__^
will_the_canuck

Post by will_the_canuck »

buffonishche wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:47 pm
looking at a particular team's roster and wanting to bid on that player that interests you, by either paying cash or trading one or more of your own players for that player or more
Yes. This is it. I love explore club's roster and looking for player with potential (good etal, high score etc). I want to buy them. Player's search is a cool moment in football manager, I guess. Do not you agree?
Well, I can't disagree as there have been games when I would check out some teams and they had players with skill levels below 50, having an etal above 90, and the player would be under the age of 19 I think. When I was playing in a lower tier and my team's average skill was maybe in the 50's, a player like that would be a good long term investment, although he wouldn't likely be showing up on the transfer list anytime soon. :) So in that regard, I can agree. But actually making it work will be the hard part.

I guess when I look at it right now, within the bygfoot main (parent) window, you have the team roster panel and an information panel, that shows a variety of things (financial results, future schedule, current or future opponent, etc.). Right now, if you were to see your opponent's team roster in that information panel, you could highlight a particular player but nothing beyond that. You can't left or right click on any player to see anything more, which honestly, you don't need to see as you can see all that you need to see in the information panel. But to make this idea viable, you have to be able to have a selectable option to buy or trade for this player, if you so wish, that you can click on, like a left or right click of the mouse. And as it won't be done through the transfer list, you'll have to link it back to that with relation to whether or not the transfer window is open or closed. And you may need your scout to give a suggestion on transfer fee and wage expectations of the team and player too.

Now, if you were to trade one of your players for another player, you would still have to consider a wage for the incoming player(s) and potential fee, either by yourself or the computer, if your player would be considered more expensive. It may get complicated but there could be many factors to consider. And on top of that, you have to consider that somewhere, as the computer is selling a player, it is you as the player who may have to take a slight loss or receive less to get what you want since when on the transfer list, the computer, when selling a player, will not take less than the player's value, but when buying a player from you, the computer will gladly spend more than the player's value. I guess that's the complicated part. I guess as you would be the one initiating the trade, you'll have to suck it up and make sure the computer gets its fair value. Although too, I wonder if this might even open up the possibility that the computer might do that to you, in that it might suddenly open up a dialogue that it wants to buy one of your players? What might the user think of that? :) Wouldn't that be kind of funny, eh? Well, as this feature might be meant for the user to buy or trade for players from computer teams not on the transfer list, it doesn't stop the computer doing the same thing to the player, right?

I guess when you look at the big picture, programmers can keep telling people that although it sounds like a nice feature, it just might be too complicated to actually implement. :) Yet, people will still ask or suggest such a feature be added, or at least dream.
The game is meant to be simple. Might some of the suggestions you make make the game more complicated or will it still retain the measure of being a simple game?
Agree. My suggestions may to make the game harder. But I talk that I want see in a game. This is MY DREAM! :-) Sure, Not all will agree with me. But this is topic for OURS suggestions. I wrote about MY.
Well buffonishche, I'll give you that. As you say it is YOUR DREAM, I can't argue with that. Though it may be something you would love to see and in theory sounds like a good idea, just know that in reality, it may never happen for any variety of reasons. In the logic of ideas, there is the creation phase of the idea. Next, there is the implementation phase. If the implementation phase can't be completed, the idea will stay in the creation phase and never progress. It doesn't mean the idea is a bad idea, just that it can't be realized.

When I really think about it, it almost sounds like the trading for players from computer teams option is a bit of a short cut. Yes, it is something that is done in the real world, but in this game, it sounds like a short cut. Let me explain. If someone wanted a particular type of player, they could go look on the transfer list. If that type of player wasn't available, they would either have to wait for one to show up or potentially "grow" their own or go without. Having the ability to just go to any team out there and place a bid on a desired player might seem too easy to do. Having to "grow" your own player is indeed harder and will take a lot longer, but it also can have its own benefits. It also is kind of the basis of the game when you think of it.

And if you're wondering what I mean by "grow", well, it basically means using your youth academy to create the player you want. But then to get the desired conditions, you'll have to maximize your youth academy investment. You'll also have to ensure that your stadium capacity is at an optimal level to ensure maximum attendance figures, and you'll have to make sure you get a good sponsor contract. And after your youth academy spawns a viable youth recruit, you'll have to train the crap out of him to get him to where you want him to be. :) That too is part of the game and being a manager of a team / franchise, no?

So although the "buying a player from any team that isn't on the transfer list" sounds like a nice option to have, it almost sounds like a short cut to me. It may not fully test the user to flex their skill and knowledge within the game, as well as not testing the user to fully explore or utilize the components of this game that make it a great and challenging game, while still being a simple game. I guess when I think of it, Bygfoot is a football management game, not a football player game. :) Yes, you can control your team when playing the live game, but other than that, you don't control any one player. And in essence, you have control over the week to week requirements of running a football club, but in simpler terms.

I think that's all for now.

Will aka will_the_canuck