England 2019/20

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
billys_boots

England 2019/20

Post by billys_boots »

This is an update for the England definition. This update uses the league structure used in England for the 2019/20 season. This definition includes some minor cup competitions for teams below level 4.For the season 2019/20 England League 1 will run with only 23 teams instead of 24 because Bury were expelled just after the season had started but I have left them in League 1. I do need to do more work on the calendar for this definition, it does become a bit hectic between weeks 11 and 15. This is due to the size of individual leagues and teams competing in various domestic cups.

Work needs to be done of revamping the EFL Trophy to include Premier League and Championship academy teams and change the first round to a group stage. This will included next season.

All team names used in this definition are real team names, as used for the 2019/20 season and any reserve/B teams have been removed, in which case a league would run with a smaller number of teams. The reason reserve/B teams are removed is that where leagues allow reserve/B teams to compete there is usually a block on those teams being promoted above a certain level and forbids those teams from it's national cup.
england.zip
(77.15 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
billys_boots

Re: England 2019/20

Post by billys_boots »

This is the correct version with the correct FA Cup file
england.zip
(77.55 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
will_the_canuck

My attempt at England 2020/2021 definition updates

Post by will_the_canuck »

Hello all. Though this may not be the best place to post this, as it is a reply to the English definitions for 2019/2020 and I'm posting updates for 2020/2021, but this is an England definition post and I don't like to waste postings too much. :) So, let me get to what this is about...

This is my attempt at an update for the English definitions from tiers 1 to 6, with an average talent rating from 8100 down to 3300. I've tried to anonymize the names as best I can, although I did leave comments in the league files for real names, if needed for clarity and all. And for one team name in the Premier League, West Bromwich Albion, I just left it at West Bromwich instead of W. B. Birmingham since to me, West Bromwich seems like it was a little further outside of the Birmingham area than maybe first thought, so that's my opinion. I'll add that I also changed up the timings of the games and all, so things will likely look a little differently if you try this definition, but if you do, feel free to let me know what you think.

Now as this definition uses the new UEFA cup files that I redid, you need to download some files located in this post here. You'll need to download and install the 3 zip files in that posting for these definitions to work. Additionally, there is an included readme file in this zip file if you need any additional information.

Thank you and if you try out these definitions, good luck and have fun.

Will aka will_the_canuck
Attachments
england_definition_updates_2020-2021.zip
Updates for England 2020/2021... read the readme file for more info
(19.67 KiB) Downloaded 217 times