The cup tag of <add_week> having a value of -1

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
will_the_canuck

The cup tag of <add_week> having a value of -1

Post by will_the_canuck »

Hello. It seems that when I was testing out my new definitions for the international cups for the South American definitions, I was using the <add_week> tag with a value of "-1" to load up the teams for the related cups: Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana. I was using this value since most of the South American definitions use multiple tables for their seasons and by using the value of "-1" for the <add_week> tag within the international cups, this would hopefully allow me to use the position of those teams in the aggregate table to populate those same cups for the following season, instead of using the position of those teams from any other table in the previous season.

Although there is a bug report on the issue of the aggregate table not being used when creating the new table for the following season, when multiple tables are used by a definition, how that might be resolved may in turn resolve this issue, to a point. That point being that when you want to select teams in certain positions from an aggregate table when multiple tables are used but you are not able to properly select those correct teams in their proper positions because of this issue. So basically, fixing the aggregate table would make this point very small, but at least for the time being, this is still a bug.

Now for this issue, it does appear to work a little but then fails afterwards. If the team(s) you want to select from the aggregate table are in the first round of the cup file you want to use, it does appear to select the correct teams for the related cups that you use. But if you have selections in later rounds after the first round, then that is when the <add_week> tag with a value of "-1" appears to fail. So be it a team based on league standing or in a national cup, if the team in question will be added after the first round, it likely will select the wrong team. And this is why I'm writing this bug report. As well, if you were to select a team from another table other than the aggregate table, like say the opening or closing table of the season, that too would likely fail if the team selected would be in a round after the first round. So for example if you wanted the winner of the Apertura or Clausura, and they would qualify for the second round or later, that would likely not produce the results you want.

So in the interim, I'm using the <add_week> tag with a value of "0" for the cups and although it will take the teams from the wrong table, at least they will be accurate, to a point. And if (or when) the aggregate table bug will be fixed, then the <add_week> tag with a value of "0" will give the proper results as the previous season's aggregate table will then be used to create the new season's aggregate table instead of the current situation where the latest table created is being used to create the new table. Oh well. At least you know of this issue and hopefully it can be resolved to work properly also.

will_the_canuck