UPDATE: November 5/2020 - 2020/2021 definitions for San Marino and Gibraltar plus extras

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
will_the_canuck

UPDATE: November 5/2020 - 2020/2021 definitions for San Marino and Gibraltar plus extras

Post by will_the_canuck »

Updated: November 5, 2020

As of this posting, this is my (whatever number seems right to you) revision for the San Marino definitions and this time, I have it correct, I hope. :) As the previous issues were related to the international files, I feel that I finally resolved them and will talk about them below. So thank you for your patience and to the people that have downloaded previous versions of this update in the past, I am sorry but thank you for your interest.

So to begin, this isn't my first try at trying to get these definitions right and working, but I feel they are complete this time. Whereas I started off by updating these definitions for the 2019/2020 season, I've updated them for the 2020/2021 season as since last season, even the football association of San Marino updated their league format and hopefully I am doing them justice with my definitions here. To get the complete definitions that I have done and envisioned, you will need to download all three attachments and read the readme files in each attachment, if you need instructions or more information.

So for now, let's talk about what's in this update and what changes, if any, there are from my previous version(s) that I did:
1) As for the attachment entitled san_marino_updates.zip, this one includes playable country definitions for both San Marino and Gibraltar, as well as some added league files that are used in the updated UEFA cup files (UEFA Champions League and Europa League). Also, there are some image files that are used for the new countries listed (Kosovo and Gibraltar) as well as an updated image file for Russia, as the current one used by bygfoot is incorrect. As San Marino and Gibraltar have different timings for their leagues when compared to other countries within the European definitions, be aware that the trade window may have different available dates, when playing. And the countries included here have been given updated average talent ratings which I have posted about in this forum, which may be different from the original average talent ratings from the original definition files.

2) As for the attachment entitled fifa_cwc_files.zip, the files within this zipfile are used with my European definitions to replace the existing Intercontinental Cup and are a means to interconnect all the football confederations together. There are only two files plus a readme file in the zipfile, but as more football associations are created and added to bygfoot, their champions league tournaments will be added to this FIFA Club World Cup definition to make it more complete. But for now, we have to start somewhere.

3) As for the attachment entitled uefa_euro_friendlies.zip, this is a representation of the European Football Championship in a friendly format, that I include with my European definitions. Basically, this is the spectator version that plays in the background and the user can cheer on their favorite team. The teams are given average talent ratings that are based upon their FIFA point totals as of a certain point in time during 2020. You can see my posting here in the forums for the values that I used for each national team, if desired. And if it interests you, I've also created a playable version of the European Football Championship definitions that are available to download here in another post entitled "National Team Competitions".

As I have included these friendly definitions within the game play for my European definitions, this zipfile will have to be downloaded to get the required files from it for when you play these country definitions. Though, if you don't want the European Football Championship definitions run when playing your game, I've included details in the zipfile on how to remove or potentially add its functionality to other definitions as well.

So beyond all of that, as San Marino has an average talent rating of 5000 and Gibraltar has an average talent rating of 5200, whereas the top countries in the European nation have average talent values up to 8500, if you're up for a real challenge and want to try to win the UEFA Champions League and then the FIFA Club World Cup by starting at the bottom, step right up and try the new definitions for San Marino and Gibraltar. :) This will be a real challenge, but it can maybe be done, after many, many seasons.

So if you try these definitions, good luck. Any feedback or comments will be appreciated.

will_the_canuck

PS - There is a readme.txt file within each of the zipfiles, for more information.
Attachments
uefa_euro_friendlies.zip
UEFA European Football Championship friendly files, used with my European definitions...look at readme file for more info
(25.57 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
fifa_cwc_files.zip
FIFA Club World Cup files needed for European definitions...look at readme file for more info
(3.05 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
san_marino_updates.zip
definition files for San Marino and Gibraltar with added league files for international cups...look at readme file for more info
(29.83 KiB) Downloaded 224 times