Original Mexico definitions FIXED

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
will_the_canuck

Original Mexico definitions FIXED

Post by will_the_canuck »

Edited: March 6, 2020

Hello.

I finally went through and tackled the Mexico definitions, that for some reason didn't want to work for me. I went through the definition files and corrected them where needed and tried them out. They now work as the original author intended them to. So if you wanted to try playing a club from Mexico but never could because the definition files never worked for you, now you can. Enjoy.

Of note, I used notepad in Windows XP to edit the files, just in case you're wondering about the added text in place of the special letters. I also saw from the dates on the files that they were originally created back in 2009. Thanks for reading.

will_the_canuck

PS - Although this file is not the recommended download for the Mexico definitions, it is being left available to anyone that may want to look at the code or see how the original author intended it to work. Although one of the tags used in the coding creates an error when playing that won't necessarily kill the game from playing but may stop the player from playing the game properly, only one time when this particular tag is used. Of note, it is used two or three times in one season, depending on which level/tier the player is in. The updated version in the latter post corrects this issue, in addition to other issues with the original coding.
Attachments
mexico.zip
Country definitions for Mexico
(9.91 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Last edited by will_the_canuck on Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
will_the_canuck

Re: Original Mexico definitions Updated, Upgraded, and Corrected

Post by will_the_canuck »

First off, I'm sorry to the people that downloaded the Mexico definitions that I previously "fixed". Yes, they were fixed to a point that they could be played, although there was a problem with the coding of the definition files that I didn't quite understand that was creating a problem when the play-offs were happening. So it was playable to a point but rather hard also. I did later research this coding and came to understand it better and found out its positives and negatives. As I felt a little guilty for the people that would download the "fixed" version of the definitions, I put the knowledge I learned into this corrected version of the Mexico definitions so that game play would be a lot smoother and work better than the previous version.

So to begin with, I did change a few things and even added more things to the definitions that would hopefully make the users happy. For starters, I did not update the teams in regards to the names of the teams or which leagues they may currently be in. I kept the league structure the same but did change the dates and all for when the leagues play. As the league play itself was not really a reflection of the league play in Mexico, that being a true Apertura and Clausura, I corrected the definition coding to reflect that. Although I did notice a bug in the program which I may not have paid much attention to before. When changing seasons, the teams that qualify for the CONCACAF Copa de Campeones and Copa Libertadores are the top 7 teams from the previous season's Clausura, instead of from the aggregate table. That's the bug I found.

In addition to expanding the CONCACAF Copa de Campeones from 8 teams to 16 teams, I also added the Copa MX and Copa Mundial de Clubes de la FIFA tournaments. I also spaced out the competitions differently to maybe accurately more reflect how they might be played in real life and also allow the players to have more time for the competitions and not to be so hard to play.

Basically this definition set uses the original bygfoot definitions for all teams and these can be considered standalone definitions, as no other definitions are required to be downloaded to play them. I do have plans to maybe have an integrated version in the future, but for now, this should satisfy you I hope. :) Feedback is always welcome and I would love to hear any thoughts on this revision of the original definitions for Mexico.

For now, take care and have fun and happy playing.

will_the_canuck
Attachments
Mexico_definitions-updated-upgraded-corrected.zip
If you're going to download one version of the Mexico definitions, download this one.
(13.43 KiB) Downloaded 25 times