Segmentation when resuming game

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
mauricioramos

Segmentation when resuming game

Post by mauricioramos »

Hello, I use a debian 4 OS and run bygfoot 2.0.1-1. I reached to a point where when I resume the last saved game it raises a segmentation fault and kills bygfoot. It is also strange that sometimes, when I click the save button or the one to start a new week ("the bus"), something similar happens: bygfoot just closes/dies. Tried building the binaries of this version from source but the same happens. Tried restoring the saves to another installation of higher version but it was not fully "recognized". So I ask:
1) Is there something I could do in the 2.0.1-1 install to workaround the problem?
2) Which versions above 2.0.1-1 recognizes its saves? Can you point to an URL where I can get them (I believe that at bygfoot sourceforge page are not listed all/older versions)

Thanks for bygfoot and for your support.
gunnar
Site Admin

Re: Segmentation when resuming game

Post by gunnar »

2.0.1 was the last in the 2.0 branch, after that we went straight to 2.1.0 I'm not sure if that version accepts the 2.0.1 savegames, that was before I was involved with bygfoot. I could try to find out why it crashed and see if we can work around the problem. just send the file to ronald<at>bygfoot<.>com remember me about the version number though.