Wanting version 2.2.1 or 2.2.3

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
ursus_arctos

Wanting version 2.2.1 or 2.2.3

Post by ursus_arctos »

Hello again

I have been searching for version 2.2.1 since I have have come to the conclusion that I am not that fond of ver 2.3.2.
I can find it for windows and I have it installed but dissappearing save files drives me nuts so I am looking for an RPM
for Fedora. By the way, does 2.2.1 install properly in any version of Fedora? I also saw in a reply on another topic that
Gunnar runs version 2.2.3, is that available?

All The Best

P.S. Before I posted the draft I installed Fedora 10 on a machine and got hold of bygfoot 2.2.1.1 but the save files (I have a few manual save files left)
from the Win version 2.2.1 does not seem to be compatible, is there such a difference between 2.2.1 and 2.2.1.1?
Have a good day, or better still, have the best ever
gunnar
Site Admin

Re: Wanting version 2.2.1 or 2.2.3

Post by gunnar »

ursus_arctos wrote:I also saw in a reply on another topic that
Gunnar runs version 2.2.3, is that available?
If you found that in a post, then I made a mistake in that post :oops: . I'm running 2.3.2. Could you explain the problem with 2.3.2, except for the bugs you already reported ofcourse?

However, there is an rpm for 2.2.1 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/bygfoot ... m/download.
ursus_arctos

Post by ursus_arctos »

Hello Gunnar

As a starter I tried to install 2.2.1 but what I got was this, (Can't install /home/Janne/Desktop/bygfoot-2.2-1.i586.rpm as no transaction). Perhaps I did it the wrong way but I downloaded the file and tried to install it by rightclicking on it and choose package installer, As needed I entered my root-password but got the message above, I know this is not exactly the forum for this but I kindly ask you anyway if you know what is wrong or what I did wrong. :?
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

ursus_arctos wrote:Hello again
P.S. Before I posted the draft I installed Fedora 10 on a machine and got hold of bygfoot 2.2.1.1 but the save files (I have a few manual save files left)
from the Win version 2.2.1 does not seem to be compatible, is there such a difference between 2.2.1 and 2.2.1.1?
There is no version 2.2.1.1 (well not created by us at least), so I don't know what the differnce between that and 2.2.1 are.

ursus_arctos wrote:As a starter I tried to install 2.2.1 but what I got was this, (Can't install /home/Janne/Desktop/bygfoot-2.2-1.i586.rpm as no transaction). Perhaps I did it the wrong way but I downloaded the file and tried to install it by rightclicking on it and choose package installer, As needed I entered my root-password but got the message above, I know this is not exactly the forum for this but I kindly ask you anyway if you know what is wrong or what I did wrong.
I have no rpm based system, but I was able to convert the rpm using the package alien. It complains however about unknown tags, so I'm afraid I can't really try
ursus_arctos

Post by ursus_arctos »

Thank you for your answer. One more question and we can close this thread.

Should or should not savefiles from windows version 2.2.1 be compatible with Linux version 2.2.1
Have a good day, or better still, have the best ever
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

ursus_arctos wrote:Should or should not savefiles from windows version 2.2.1 be compatible with Linux version 2.2.1
Yes they should. If they are not compatible in linux, we need to find out why. For this you should run bygfoot from the command line, error messages will appear there, you can post those messages here. Otherwise you can also attach the savegame here, or send it to me by mail