TEAM COLORS

You can add your ideas on how to make Bygfoot better here.
AndyCooll

Post by AndyCooll »

A simpler wish than that for me would be sufficient, I'd simply be happy to see the live text commentary have two background colours, one for the home teams comments, and one for the away. I haven't been playing the game long so apologies for my ignorance if this is already supposed to be there and perhaps I'm missing something.

However I admit that at the moment I'm having difficulty following the action, knowing which team is generally in possession, which team is creating all the chances etc ...so anything to make that simpler for me would be of benefit right now! 8)
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Home/away colors should already be there. If not, it's probably because your GTK theme settings override the Bygfoot settings. You could try experimenting with either your theme or the two settings

Code: Select all

string_treeview_live_game_commentary_away_fg                    black
string_treeview_live_game_commentary_away_bg                    lightgrey
in support_files/bygfoot_app.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
mikekchar

Post by mikekchar »

gyboth wrote:
mikekchar wrote:so, if this request isn't backed by other users or Gunnar doesn't take it up, it'll stay on the wishlist for now.
If I got some time (and I'm not saying I will ;-) -- depends on whether I can get some of my other projects done), can I send a patch? I don't know why, but for some reason I've gotten obsessed with this XD (My biggest worry is that I'd have to modify the save file, and I'm not sure I want to get into that...)
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Sure, a patch would be welcome. As for save/load, I could take care of that; or, you can make it an experts-only feature by adding the relevant constants to bygfoot_constants and configuring it so that it's off by default.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
mikekchar

Post by mikekchar »

Actually, the constant isn't a bad idea, since I think this feature would be of limited appeal anyway. I might start with that and see how it goes.