Two games in the same session

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
mikekchar

Two games in the same session

Post by mikekchar »

While playing in the Japanese Football League I ended up having 2 games in week 27 round 1. The first is the regular league match and the second is the first round of the Emperor's Cup. When I closed the live game for the first match I got a dialog box that said "No stored match" (I think). When I clicked OK, the live match for the next game started playing immediately (no chance to change my lineup).

Probably the best fix is simply to put the Emperor's Cup matches in the second round, I guess...
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

The weird thing is, week rounds are assigned dynamically, so it should have happened automatically.

The other weird thing is, as far as I can see after having taken a quick look, in the first round of the EC only teams from layers 4 and 5 are participating, and the league matches of those are finished in week 25, before the cup even starts.

So, how can I reproduce this bug? Any steps, hints?
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
mikekchar

Post by mikekchar »

Ooops! I knew I should have kept the save file....

I actually had it happen again later in the season where I had a league match (1st session), Emperor's cup(2nd session), and then some mystery cup match (3rd session, didn't notice what it was...). The problem happened between the 2nd and 3rd session.

My guess is that I was somehow playing Emperor Cup matches that I wasn't supposed to. I'm getting to that section of the season again, so if it happens I will definitely capture a save file. I'm really sorry about being so stupid about it. My only excuse is that I've been playing in the middle of the night and my brain is a bit wonky ;)
mikekchar

Post by mikekchar »

OK. I think my guess as to what was happening is wrong.

I had another similar situation happen again, but not related to cup matches. I was playing a team and losing badly. I pressed "Pause" because I wanted to make a substitution. The game didn't pause, although the Pause button greyed out and the Resume button became active. At the time I was losing 4 to 1. The game was still going (not paused) and I pressed the Resume button. This brought up the "No match stored" dialog box. I pressed OK and the match seemed to have reset. I one this match 1 to 0. The final results after the match was complete showed that I lost the match 4 to 2.

I have the save game file (saved just after the game in question). Not quite sure how to attach files here...
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

just send it to gunnar[at]bygfoot[dot]com