[done]ticket prices

Wishes get here when they grow up.
gunnar
Site Admin

[done]ticket prices

Post by gunnar »

You should be able to change your ticket prices. Attendance will drop if you set the price too high.
Last edited by gunnar on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chunter
definitions team

Post by chunter »

It's far too early to tell but right now it seems like raising ticket prices makes it too easy to overpay the youth squad and build a young, strong team. I'll try and let you know how the season I made progresses.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

What do you mean by overpaying the youth squad? That you can make a nice profit off the ticket prices now? That shouldn't be possible in general, I tried to calibrate the effect on the attendance so that it doesn't happen.

Gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
chunter
definitions team

Post by chunter »

Nice to hear from you again...

Early on in the game I was trying, I set ticket prices to 30 and spent a lot of money on the youth team, and renewed a lot of contracts, and since I just happened to make a lot of money in the first four weeks, I wrongly assumed that it'd carry through the year.

I finished the season about a million in debt; though it's manageable, it means it's not as easy as I first thought. Good job, there.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

chunter wrote:I finished the season about a million in debt; though it's manageable, it means it's not as easy as I first thought.
Ah, how I love to hear stories like this ;-)

Good that you surfaced again, I'm thinking about putting together a team maintaining the country definitions (see the couple of posts about Europe in the defs forum); giving them SVN access etc. I remember you fiddled around a lot when we were still young. Are you perchance interested?
chunter
definitions team

Post by chunter »

I keep thinking I'm going to do the two edits needed to keep MLS up to date over the next couple of years (just add two teams and make sure the season still ends when it should) but I haven't been up to date on the other leagues to know who got promoted or relegated or whatever. I'm happy to help out when I can, though.

It's been a busy year-and-a-half for me, for some reason, it's been easier for me to keep up with motorsport than football (I think that's because there are because there are less events, and because I'm in the southern United States,) I have a gf now, and I've been doing a lot of playing around at http://sdcompo.com and some other places, not to get off the subject too much.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

I take it as a tentative yes, then :-) I'll add you to the dev team and give you SVN access as soon as you give me your sf.net username, Chris.
chunter
definitions team

Post by chunter »

I just set up as chunter16
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

I've added you. Feel free to update the US defs or any other definitions (as long as yours don't clash with tommasi's, who worked mainly on European countries as far as I could see).