Player transfer and contract negociation

You can add your ideas on how to make Bygfoot better here.
arnaudus

Player transfer and contract negociation

Post by arnaudus »

I would like to get your opinion about something that I consider as annoying and non-realistic when negotiating a contract or a transfer. Wage and transfer fees are considered in a context of "blind auctions": you have three tries to guess what the other wants, without any feedback other than "No, No, Yes". Two questions: (i) do you find it funny? (ii) do you find it realistic?

I guess (i) is a matter of opinion, I am personnally not convinced. For (ii), I tend to think that the answer is definitely "no". Just imagine: you have a meeting with your player and his agent(s), lawyer(s), whatever. It is perfectly normal you make the first proposal. Then the player accepts or rejects you offer, but if he rejects, I really expect him to propose a wage value for which he would accept to sign. Something like: "You:I propose 10000. Player: No man, it's too low. I won't sign below 15000. You: 15000 is too much; 13000 is more reasonable. Player: No, it's too low again. You: 14000. I won't go above that. Player: OK, I sign / No, it's definitely too low. I enjoyed my time in your team but it's time for me to leave."

The main problem with the current system is that sometimes you would really like to keep the player, but you fail just because you have no idea of the real player's value. We don't have the option "Give me your price, I'll pay", and it's a pity.

It would not be very complicated to do, yet. I imagine a contract offer like this:

Code: Select all

Scout's estimate                Player's requirement       Your offer
1-year contract      12345                          18000                         _
2-years contract     13234                          20000                         _
3-years contract     14672                          22000                         _
4-years contract     16523                          22000                         _
Of course, it would be much more funny if some players try to cheat you, while others are honest (otherwise it would be too easy to guess the real value of the player). But the whole point is that you know how much you have to pay if you really want to keep the player.

A similar system could be made for the transfers, although it is arguably different --you are supposed to have competitors, etc.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Nice idea, I agree with you. Let's see what the maintainer thinks ;-)
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

This is something I dislike as well, so consider thjs changed by next version
ircarrascal
definitions team

Post by ircarrascal »

I like this idea as well.

And to add something: I think it's also unrealistic not to have a competitor in the transfer list. Once you are doing well with money, you can pretty much buy anyone that becomes available, without any other teams offering more money for them.

And how about other teams asking you to buy your players, those not listed by you? This could be annoying though, but an option to turn off any offers like that could work (something similar to offers to switch jobs, there is an option to turn them off).
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

ircarrascal wrote:And how about other teams asking you to buy your players, those not listed by you? This could be annoying though, but an option to turn off any offers like that could work (something similar to offers to switch jobs, there is an option to turn them off).
This one is on my personal todo list. I liked USM 98 as a football manager, so if I can take features of that, I probably will some day.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

ircarrascal wrote:Once you are doing well with money, you can pretty much buy anyone that becomes available, without any other teams offering more money for them.
No, you can't, not since the "star player balking" feature ;-) (Example: C. Ronaldo won't join your team if you already have Ribery and Ronaldinho and Ballack).
And how about other teams asking you to buy your players, those not listed by you? This could be annoying though, but an option to turn off any offers like that could work (something similar to offers to switch jobs, there is an option to turn them off).
I like this as well.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.