Bygfoot Football Manager 2.0.1 released

The developers will post here to let you peek into future versions and announce new releases.

Moderator: idcarlos

gyboth
Site Admin

Bygfoot Football Manager 2.0.1 released

Post by gyboth »

Bygfoot Football Manager 2.0.1 is released

This release fixes a few minor bugs and contains new country definitions as well as updated definitions. Please also read the note below.

Sebastián Moncho should be done with the definitions editor soon, have a look at his site if you'd like to create a new definition without having to edit XML files.

You can find the detailed ChangeLog here.

Screenshots can be found here.

Team/league/country count for this version:
2607 teams in 204 leagues in 26 countries.

This version includes two packages for the Windows operating system. If you choose the non-GTK package, you need to install the GTK+ runtime environment first, which you can get here (you need the .exe 32-bit Windows version). The package bundled with GTK should work without having to install the runtime environment.

Get the appropriate package for your system at the SourceForge.net project site. Distribution specific packages should be available from the appropriate servers soon. Note that Bygfoot is available for Mac OS X (in fink) as well.

Bug reports can be filed in the Bug reports forum.

This version is savegame compatible to Bygfoot 2.0.0.

Have fun!

Gyözö

P.S.: There is an alpha version of a new website for Bygfoot. Many thanks to Rostislav "Zbrox" Raykov, who created it.
Last edited by gyboth on Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gyboth
Site Admin

Giving up Bygfoot

Post by gyboth »

I'm giving up work on Bygfoot. 2.0.1 will be my last release.

There are mainly two reasons for this: Firstly (and most importantly), I'm seriously lacking motivation lately. Secondly, I've got a job now and a lot less free time. All in all, it's just time to move on, I suppose.

I also think it's a good point in time to stop. The program is more or less stable, it's got all the features I originally envisioned (and also a bunch I haven't), it works on all major operating systems and is being downloaded by a lot of people every day.

Thanks for the support and feedback you've given me over the years. I'd have given up the project much earlier if it hadn't been for all the people who wrote me and contacted me to suggest features or report bugs. Have a look at the Thanks page for a list of contributors.

Since Bygfoot is open source, anybody who's willing and capable can continue the project. If you're interested, write me at gyboth bygfoot com or contact me via IM (see my signature).

Gyözö
greenman

Post by greenman »

Hi Gyözö

Thanks for all your efforts on the game to date. Has anyone stepped forward to take your place yet?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

greenman wrote:Hi Gyözö

Thanks for all your efforts on the game to date. Has anyone stepped forward to take your place yet?
Yes. However, I'm sure Mark will be glad to have help.

Gyözö
mrsmola

Post by mrsmola »

I will try ;-)

First step is a new unstable version within the next week.

mark