Can't `make install`

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
Oki

Can't `make install`

Post by Oki »

Hi,
I downloaded the 1.9.4 version and used "./configure --prefix=/home/celso/bygfoot".

I made configure and make fine, but when i tried to execute `make install` the program stop after this message:

"(...) support_files/mmedia/pics/match9.jpg support_files/mmedia/pics/soccerbabes.jpg; do /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $file /home/celso/bygfoot-1.9.4//share/bygfoot/$file; done"

I tried other times, but i can't identify what's wrong. :-(

[]'s
Celso Goya
celsogoya@jabber.org
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

i don't see an error message. i think you copy-pasted the wrong lines. you could also try to use the binary version, so you don't have to compile, just unpack.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Oki

Post by Oki »

gyözo,
I tried one more time, but the program stop at this point and not finish the installation processo. :-/

Are there any additional parameter for use with --prefix?

[]'s
Celso Goya
celsogoya@jabber.org
chunter
definitions team

Need more info, might be forgetting something important

Post by chunter »

Please check for the very obvious: Did you remember to 'make install' as root so you have permission to the directories you'll install to, and have you put the directory where the binaries in your distro live (or something that happens to be in your shell's PATH) as your '--prefix=<whatever>'? There's a chance you installed it perfectly, because you didn't quote an error message.

Hope that was helpful.