Concurrent scheduling? (Distant future)

You can add your ideas on how to make Bygfoot better here.
chunter
definitions team

Concurrent scheduling? (Distant future)

Post by chunter »

Thanks for creating the best free waste of time since NetHack.

Something that sounds like it'd be tedious to try is, after everything else is worked out and it's time to think of a feature set for version 3, do you think we can run all the countries' schedules based on a 365-day calendar, and have it all actually work concurrently? This would make it possible to be hired by teams in other countries, as well as have the player markets of all the other countries available at once. It would also make for a more realistic Champions' League from year to year.

If it actually works well, this can introduce the ability to have international fixtures that you can know about well in advance (it's on the calendar) and it becomes possible to loan young players to other countries during your off-season for training work.
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: Concurrent scheduling? (Distant future)

Post by gyboth »

chunter wrote:Thanks for creating the best free waste of time since NetHack.
do you think we can run all the countries' schedules based on a 365-day calendar, and have it all actually work concurrently?
it has been discussed before. the main hindrance is that calculating the results is already a fairly slow process (all games are simulated; the CPU teams play 'live games' against each other, too, it's just that it isn't shown). if we were to calculate the weekly results of several or all countries at once, it'd take a few minutes each week and a few hours to play a season :-P
This would make it possible to be hired by teams in other countries, as well as have the player markets of all the other countries available at once. It would also make for a more realistic Champions' League from year to year.
next thing on my todo list is to make a job market that'll allow the user to try signing up with other teams; i'll try to include teams from abroad too (see this todo list item).
If it actually works well, this can introduce the ability to have international fixtures that you can know about well in advance (it's on the calendar) and it becomes possible to loan young players to other countries during your off-season for training work.
i'm not sure why it would influence the fixtures availability. the fixtures for the first round in any cup are generated/drawn at the beginning of a season (in Bygfoot and in real life), and updated after each cup round. how would having parallel countries change this?

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
chunter
definitions team

Post by chunter »

it has been discussed before. the main hindrance is that calculating the results is already a fairly slow process (all games are simulated; the CPU teams play 'live games' against each other, too, it's just that it isn't shown). if we were to calculate the weekly results of several or all countries at once, it'd take a few minutes each week and a few hours to play a season Razz
I see how that relates once you have more than twelve leagues introduced.
i'm not sure why it would influence the fixtures availability. the fixtures for the first round in any cup are generated/drawn at the beginning of a season (in Bygfoot and in real life), and updated after each cup round. how would having parallel countries change this?
Sorry for slow responses, I'm terrible at keeping up with forums....

By 'international fixture' here I was referring to the 'national team' or WC/UEFA calendar, to keep players from mysteriously having natinal team duty. Obviously, a coach usually knows his star player is wanted for such a competition well in advance of it, and perhaps there can be a way you can consent/dissent such duty, or become national team coach for a while...

Thanks for the quick and specific feedback