Loaners

You can add your ideas on how to make Bygfoot better here.
chunter
definitions team

Loaners

Post by chunter »

Thanks for developing one of the finest wastes of time since NetHack.

More important to me than all the nags for specific positioning or statistics is, I'd like to be able to lend young players to low-league teams, or borrow players from them when I'm in injury trouble.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

a nice idea; there are, however, a few problems with it, mostly related to the way CPU teams are managed.

players in CPU teams are more or less static -- they don't get older and their skill doesn't change. this ensures that the teams stay balanced and don't get better or worse too easily. to include development and aging of CPU players in a way that the skill balance isn't disturbed would be very hard to achieve.

the CPU teams do change, but not through player development; every once in a while a player gets replaced by a new one. and at the end of a season, the teams get generally a bit better or worse, to prevent the same few teams winning the competitions all the time.

now, borrowing a player from a CPU team wouldn't be that complicated. but when you're lending a young player to a CPU team, you'd of course expect the player to gain experience and get better -- which won't happen (unless i implement some exceptions, which i don't want to do).

so, to cut a long story short: i will consider implementing borrowing of players, but i don't think lending of players will be possible.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.