libatk problem installation

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
Andrew

libatk problem installation

Post by Andrew »

hi guys,
just posing one question.
when installing onto my xp computer (bygfoot-1.9.1-win), i keep getting this problem come up when i click on the game icon to play - this application has failed to start because libatk-1.0.0.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem. i have reinstalled it mulitple times to no avail. please help :) !!
thanks,
andrew
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

did you install the GTK+ runtime environment? you can get it from here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=132255

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Feenfleisch

Post by Feenfleisch »

i have the same problem. i installed gtk+ 2.8.6. when i try to start this game it came a error-message about not found dll. when i intsalled the dll and try it again came the next message about missing dll. pls need help. thx

feenfleisch
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Feenfleisch wrote:i have the same problem. i installed gtk+ 2.8.6. when i try to start this game it came a error-message about not found dll. when i intsalled the dll and try it again came the next message about missing dll. pls need help. thx

feenfleisch
check your Path variable by going to system properties -> advanced -> environment variables. it should contain something like 'c:\programs\shared files\gtk\2.0\bin'. if it doesn't, look where the corresponding dir of the gtk runtime environment is located on your system and add the path to the variable.

if this is not the problem, and the gtk bin path is there, it might be that gtk 2.8.x is too new? i'm not sure how backwards-compatible 2.8 is compared to 2.6. try installing the latest 2.6 release (i think it's 2.6.10?). maybe that helps.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.