Error when try to load a game under windows XP

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
Load Game Error

Error when try to load a game under windows XP

Post by Load Game Error »

under WinXP with Bygfoot 1.9.1 the program fails when click load game button.
Resume last game button works ok.

Please reply this topic if need more info (and some help about how get the info :) )

Un saludo
Carlos Garces
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

thanks for reporting. i know of this error, but unfortunately debugging on windows is like trying to cross the times square at 1 pm blindfolded -- for me, at least.

i'm going to try and fix it, anyway :-P

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

ooops. i just realised the bug occurs on linux, too :oops:

anyway, i've corrected it. going to cvs it soon, too.

gyözö
dizzy

Post by dizzy »

having such a crash too when the last match of the first season is over and i click on "next week".
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

dizzy wrote:having such a crash too when the last match of the first season is over and i click on "next week".
which country did you play? which package do you use (linux/windows, source, binary)?

i just played a few seasons with different countries with the linux version, and all was fine.

gyözö
idcarlos

Post by idcarlos »

dizzy wrote:having such a crash too when the last match of the first season is over and i click on "next week".
"Next Week" works OK under WinXP, bygfoot 1.9.1 and gtk+-2.6.9.

Please, I need more info to test this bug

Post by Guest »

I have this bug too. Using 1.9.1 binary linux, with a french team. So frustrating :)
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Anonymous wrote:I have this bug too. Using 1.9.1 binary linux, with a french team. So frustrating :)
i tried the same, without 'success', ie. i didn't have a crash. do you have a savegame that crashes?

gyözö

Post by Guest »

Sorry, I had purge my byfoot directory.

So I start a new game, and it doesn't seg fault this time. The differences with the two first time (when it seg faut) is that this time a choose a team in "national" instead of "Ligue1", and I win the championship.

note, if I launch the game in french (system locale), it segt fault too when I fire a player, if I launch LC_ALL=en_US ./bygfoot, it doesn't.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Anonymous wrote:Sorry, I had purge my byfoot directory.

So I start a new game, and it doesn't seg fault this time. The differences with the two first time (when it seg faut) is that this time a choose a team in "national" instead of "Ligue1", and I win the championship.
you mean apart from the difference that you removed your old HOME/.bygfoot? or did i misunderstand you?
note, if I launch the game in french (system locale), it segt fault too when I fire a player, if I launch LC_ALL=en_US ./bygfoot, it doesn't.
i'm getting it too, when i switch to french... weird. i'm going to try to find the bug.

you still don't have a savegame that produces that new season crash (btw, is it a segfault, or an exit?) more or less regularly?

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Anonymous wrote:note, if I launch the game in french (system locale), it segt fault too when I fire a player, if I launch LC_ALL=en_US ./bygfoot, it doesn't.
i found this bug. it was a translation bug, it's corrected in the cvs.

btw, would you by any chance like to update the french translation? there are about 50 fuzzy strings in it and 35 untranslated.

gyözö

Post by Guest »

>> you mean apart from the difference that you removed your old HOME/.bygfoot? or did i misunderstand you?

first day: first time I play the game on this pc, no ~/.bygfoot
team: ajaccion/france ligue1
end of season : 3th or 4th of the championship
next season -> segmentation fault

second day: I look at ./bygfoot-update and download offcial teams and player names and start a new party.
team: aj auxerre/france ligue1
end of season : 3th or 4th of the championship, loose in final of UEFA cup (arf)
next season -> segmentation fault (arg)
I delete everything (~/.bygfoot)

third day: I tried to reproduce the bug
team : besançon/france national
end of season: I win the championship
next season -> next season...

>> you still don't have a savegame that produces that new season crash

Nope, my savegame with besancon pass the "next season" each time without problem..

>> (btw, is it a segfault, or an exit?)

segfault

>> btw, would you by any chance like to update the french translation? there are about 50 fuzzy strings in it and 35 untranslated.

http://asticot.net/data/fr.po.gz
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Anonymous wrote:third day: I tried to reproduce the bug
team : besançon/france national
end of season: I win the championship
next season -> next season...
weird. i didn't get a segfault in any of the 4-6 seasons i tried with different countries. of course i don't play real seasons, i just skip through the weeks without playing live game or changing my team.
Nope, my savegame with besancon pass the "next season" each time without problem..
and you don't have a save or autosave with auxerre or ajaccion?
coooool! :-D you're great. i'm going to include you in the contributors list for 1.9.2 :-)

are you content with the french definition? is it a good copy of the real system?

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

you confused me... this is a text, file, not a gzip-compressed file :-P

there's still one fuzzy entry:

Code: Select all

#: src/callback_func.c:344
#, fuzzy
msgid "There are some offers for the player which you rejected or will see next week."
msgstr "Vous avez reçu des offres pour ce joueur. Vous les verrez la semaine prochaine."
what's a good translation?

gyözö