Add real players names

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.

Add real players names

Post by Guest »

How would I go about adding real players names to version 1.9.0 so that they appear against the right teams, because at the moment the teams get random players ever time you start, if I can get some teams set up I will contribute them back for other people to use.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.

Error (state 24)

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the link to the Howto, have followed the instructions but when I start Bygfoot I get this error

Code: Select all

** (bygfoot:9035): WARNING **: xml_league_end_start_element: unknown tag: def_file; I'm in state 24
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

er... as far as i remember the team def feature wasn't there in 1.9.0 yet. you have to use a current cvs version.

to get a cvs version (anonymously) use the bygfoot-update script.

here are two rules on how to run the cvs version:

http://bygfoot.sourceforge.net/forum/vi ... ?p=731#731

gyözö

Post by Guest »

Downloaded the latest CVS using bygfoot-update and when I tried to compile it I got this error

de.po:1280: 'msgstr' is not a valid C format string, unlike 'msgid'. Reason: The string ends in the middle of a directive.
/usr/bin/msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Anonymous wrote:

de.po:1280: 'msgstr' is not a valid C format string, unlike 'msgid'. Reason: The string ends in the middle of a directive.
/usr/bin/msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
i really wonder why i didn't get this error on my system.

the de.po file seems to contain an error. i've updated the cvs, but for anonymous use the update will be delayed, so you should simply delete that section around line 1280 from the de.po file:

#: src/game_gui.c:663
#, c-format
msgid "Job offers set to %s."
msgstr "Jobangebote %."
that should do the job. but make a backup copy of the file first.

later you can revert to the backup and do a 'cvs update -dP' from the build dir (containing the configure script).

gyözö

p.s.: if you write me an email with your icq number or jabber id, we can solve such problems a bit quicker.