1.9.1 stages

The developers will post here to let you peek into future versions and announce new releases.

Moderator: idcarlos

gyboth
Site Admin

1.9.1 stages

Post by gyboth »

there aren't any features i'm planning to add to the cvs version until 1.9.1 gets released. these are the things that should be done before the release:
  • spanish and australian definitions
  • updated translations. in particular, it'd be important that the english translation get more sophisticated. the current commentary file is still the old one and doesn't include any conditions and |-separated stuff. vector, mom2pp (and maybe mark, if you have the time; i can do the defs, too, if you send me your current versions), please take a look at the live game commentary howto and improve the current file. you can find the german file and the polish file, both of which use conditions, priorities and |-separations (maybe it helps you a little bit) here.

all this also applies to the dutch, french and romanian commentaries, but those aren't as important as the english ones, of course.
  • bugfixes. mark and alefzero have reported crashes, and i'm not sure those are resolved.
  • when all is done, we'll ask simon to make a windows port :-) 1.9.1 will be the first release including a native windows package.
i don't have a deadline yet, since i also have to prepare for exams; i'm not even sure i can release 1.9.1 before the exams (the first of which will take place at the end of september), but let's just wait and see.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

ok ill look at the howto now
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

no more new features he said.... well, i couldn't keep still ;-)

the first draft of the 'memorable matches' features is done. probably there are still loads of bugs, but i don't want to find them all by myself, so please update your cvs-versions and try it out.

memorable matches (ie. live game recordings) are stored in zip-files. there's a window (see attached screenshot) where you can replay them and add your last match or remove some from the file/list.

let me hear your 2 cents, as i'm not sure i did the interface well; i might have overlooked something that's missing or superfluous or badly implemented.

gyözö

screenshot (linked; uploading attachments doesn't work, i don't know why :-P)

gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

p.s.: you're going to need an './autogen.sh' since a few new source code files got added.

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

re commentries...

just piled up here with work and havent gotten to them. I know.. well im hoping ot have soem time med september when im on hols(no doubt it will rain and force me inside) but this will be no good/too late for the 1.9.1 release.. I certainly dont want to hold it up.. who knows it might not rain and Im in desperate need of "outside time" golfing or fishing so i might not get too much on bygfoot. we will see
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

i might not be able to do that much either because my summer holidays finish tomorrow and i have to go back to school :cry:

hopefully ill still be able to do some but itll just be slower thats all
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

added export/import to the MMatches.

don't worry guys, we're still in the development branch ;-) we don't need perfect commentary yet.

gyözö