Bygfoot 1.8.2 + 1.9.0 released

The developers will post here to let you peek into future versions and announce new releases.

Moderator: idcarlos

gyboth
Site Admin

Bygfoot 1.8.2 + 1.9.0 released

Post by gyboth »

Bygfoot Football Manager 1.8.2 and 1.9.0 are released

Bygfoot 1.8.2 fixes some minor bugs (see the ChangeLog for details).

For Bygfoot 1.9.0 the game got completely rewritten. There are too many changes to count; here are the biggest ones:
  • real interactive live game with commentary
  • hotseat multiplayer
  • extremely flexible and customizable country definitions which can reflect the systems used in most countries perfectly
  • country-specific player names
  • constants determining game behaviour are loaded from a text file making it easy to change and fine-tune the game (even during runtime)
There are also some features that didn't make it into 1.9.0 (although they are in the 1.8 branch). Some of these will be added later, but there are a few that are simply deprecated, like the extensive player/team histories or the bookmaker's tip.

You can download Bygfoot 1.8.2 here.
You can get Bygfoot 1.9.0 here.

A Debian package for 1.9.0 should be available soon.

You can also get the packages with the bygfoot-update script or update your source package with patches using the script. Note that the changes between the latest unstable revision and 1.9.0 are so big that the patch file is actually larger than the 1.9.0 package (600 kb <-> 400 kb).

Screenshots for 1.8.2 can be found here.
See this post for Bygfoot 1.9.0 screenshots.

Report bugs in this forum..

Last but not least, thanks to all of those who supported me in the past months and helped me make 1.9.0 a lot better than any previous version, contributing icons and country definitions, reporting bugs and wishing for new features I didn't think of myself. See 'Help -> Contributors' in the 1.9.0 menu.

Gyözö Both
Last edited by gyboth on Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Bygfoot 1.9.0 got uploaded to Debian unstable and should be available via apt in a few hours or tomorrow at the latest.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Kevin

Fatima

Post by Kevin »

Eu queria abaixar esse jogo para o computador
atd

Re: Fatima

Post by atd »

Kevin wrote:Eu queria abaixar esse jogo para o computador
Does enyone knows what this means? :roll: I think it is no sort of English. Is it latin, Italian, portugese, spains or something? :?:
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
thrasybulus

Post by thrasybulus »

Eu queria abaixar esse jogo para o computador
Means "I want download this game to my computer", i think that Kevin is a little lost, anyway i will reply in portuguese to give some help.
Kevin, se tens dificuldades em perceber inglês e quiseres ajuda diz qualquer coisa neste post que vou ver o que posso fazer.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GL/P d- s: a-- C++(++++) UL+++>++++ P+ L++>++++ E W+(++)>+++ w PS++
PE+ Y+ t+ R+ tv b+++(++++) G+++ e* h! r y?
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----