Youth section

The developers will post here to let you peek into future versions and announce new releases.

Moderator: idcarlos

gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:Is he using resources?
no. if a youth is in the team he is treated as a normal player and you have to pay his wage, but in the youth academy the youths don't cost any more money than the investment and the YC wage.
Even the basic youth is worth some money on the TL. Its generally worth putting him on your team and then into the TL just for a a few extra dollars.
yes, this is why i didn't increase the user's income. he has less income if he pays for the YA but he can sell youths. but do tell me if the balance isn't right.
Is it good to keep all the youths?
your choice. financially it doesn't make a difference. you can't have more than 10 youths in the YA, though.
However for now it certainly adds to the game.
:)
great. there won't be new features for 1.9.1, so i'm going to release the new version as soon as the YA is ok and the windog port works, too :-)

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
vector

Post by vector »

I have played a few games now and the YA is working out well.
I think it tends to slow the game down a little(3 seasonsper league), which is a good thing. You tend to build a team rather than buy one. You think much further ahead.
the added cost of the YA balances out pretty well. The money you would spend on TL players and their larger wages/costs ~= the YA costs. The cheaper wages of the YA players allows you to have a full compliment of players (19-20) which helps you survive/manage inj times and organise the team to play specific opponents better. ie play for win and play for loss.
I was easily able to maintain a middle of the table rank .

ALL Good.
Effect on higher leagues not yet known. Concentrating on NC, FL1 and 2.
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

i think the YA is great.

i was below my drawing credit and i had 5 players in my youth academy. so i put a highly paid player from each of their positions on the transfer list and once id sold that player i promoted the youths to my team.

now i have about £2million. sure im not challenging for the title like i was last season but i can start rebuilding my team and hopefully will be up there again next year
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?