Bygfoot 1.9.0 Team Editor

General discussions about the game, e.g. game strategy.
mom2pp

Bygfoot 1.9.0 Team Editor

Post by mom2pp »

is this not implemented yet or do i just not know how to find it?
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

it isn't implemented yet. and since i only received about 4-6 teams for the 1.6-1.8 branches, the implementation has very low priority; i don't think there will be a team editor for 1.9.0. maybe there even won't be one for 2.0 and the teams will have to be hand-edited in the xml files.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

ok i was just wondering
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

i come back to this now that 1.9.0 is about to be released

my friend was round at my house at the weekend and i showed him the new 1.9 version of bygfoot. hed seen the 1.8 version and he really liked all the new features especially the live game.
however he had one complaint. he is a big football fan and he really wanted to see the players names.

is there a way to right teams without the team editor? if so how do you do it?

also i think official team names are important. my other friend likes basketball and he has two basketball games.
however he only really plays one of them because that one has official names and the other one doesnt
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

mom2pp wrote:my friend was round at my house at the weekend and i showed him the new 1.9 version of bygfoot. hed seen the 1.8 version and he really liked all the new features especially the live game.
however he had one complaint. he is a big football fan and he really wanted to see the players names.

is there a way to right teams without the team editor? if so how do you do it?
there isn't a way yet. 1.9.0 is a completely new version, rewritten from scratch, and it concentrates on basic stuff, like having stable and flexible leagues and cups, having a nicer live game, having good gameplay.

real player names are just a gimmick which i didn't have the time to do yet. the feature might get added later, in 1.9.2 or 3 or 4. i don't think i'll make a gui editor, though, you'll have to edit the league xml files directly.

on the other hand i didn't receive more than a handful (maybe 5 or so) edited teams from users for the previous official versions, so i'll think twice before i add the feature for the 1.9 branch. what would be the point of adding the possibility if nobody contributes? i won't edit more then 3 teams, that's for sure.
also i think official team names are important. my other friend likes basketball and he has two basketball games.
however he only really plays one of them because that one has official names and the other one doesnt
this is quite another story, much easier. you just have to edit the definition files and replace the non-official names with the official names. i'm fairly sure that you won't be the only one complaining about this, so i guess we'll add official (downloadable) country definitions for one of the 1.9 versions; at least for the most important leagues.

gyözö
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

gyboth wrote:on the other hand i didn't receive more than a handful (maybe 5 or so) edited teams from users for the previous official versions, so i'll think twice before i add the feature for the 1.9 branch. what would be the point of adding the possibility if nobody contributes? i won't edit more then 3 teams, that's for sure.
i made quite a few (i think i did most of the premiership) its just i never sent them in
when this gets implemented ill make some more and send them to you
this is quite another story
yup its just i couldnt be bothered posting it in a different place :wink:
you just have to edit the definition files and replace the non-official names with the official names.
ok ill do this for the scottish file
ill also update it so it has the teams for the 2005/06 season in it
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

mom2pp wrote:i made quite a few (i think i did most of the premiership) its just i never sent them in
when this gets implemented ill make some more and send them to you
you didn't submit them? naughty boy!
this is quite another story
yup its just i couldnt be bothered posting it in a different place :wink:
oh, i didn't mean that it should've been posted somewhere else, i meant that this is easier to solve than the real players problem.
ok ill do this for the scottish file
ill also update it so it has the teams for the 2005/06 season in it
great :-)

gyözö
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

gyboth wrote:you didn't submit them? naughty boy!
:lol:
Lomion

Post by Lomion »

There is no point in coding a team editor if the files are stored in an xml format and thus can be edited with any text editor. Typing down the player's names is not that difficult, but defining their skills is much more complicated and I think that's the reason why few people contributed.