finance Report

You can add your ideas on how to make Bygfoot better here.
vector

finance Report

Post by vector »

Im not an accountant or anything so Im probably wrong but I expect to see a total debts and then a balance in the finance page.
Inwards would =
Money +Ticket sale+Prize+Transfer
Outwards = Journey + wages+transfer+Stadium
and Balance = Inwards-Outwards
Leaving drawing credit as it is.

that way its nice and easy to glance how well the team is travelling
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

yep, definitely something for the todo list.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
vector

Post by vector »

Also
I assume its using last weeks calcs.
Because if I sart new season finances does not report wages.
Would it be possible to show in the next column, prev weeks. or better still prev avg. Especially on the ticket sales. Sometimes (after and away match) there is no indication what my ticket sales are. Even tho Im away and dont get sales the number should be available somewhere.

Id have a column on the far right indicating avg to date of:
money
ticket sales
journey costs
player wages
scout wages
and physio.
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

*sigh* i'm going to announce a feature freeze for 1.7 (at least on my part; geovah or arnaudus are welcome to introduce new features for a while, if they like). i can't finish 1.9 if i implement new features in 1.7 (which will have to be debugged, too), and also try to fix the bugs in 1.7.

so any feature wish that gets accepted in the future, like this one (yes, i like it) won't be implemented in 1.7 but in 1.9 (and not necessarily in 1.9.0!).

doesn't mean you should stop putting forward nice new propositions, though ;-)

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

of course,!
My features, bugs and thoughts are targeting the game itself, not what version or when they may be implemented ;)
What type are you?
lduperval

Post by lduperval »

Furthermore, if I may be so bold, it would be nice to have columns: on the left, expenses and total, on the right, incomes and total and on the final line, the difference, either a profite or a (loss).

L[/list]
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

lduperval wrote:Furthermore, if I may be so bold, it would be nice to have columns: on the left, expenses and total, on the right, incomes and total and on the final line, the difference, either a profite or a (loss).
you may :-) yes, a good idea. you already requested it earlier, but i forgot to move it to the forum todo list.

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

and!! ;)
the enlargment plan due date would be nice
same for when loan payments are due
and when i have been given a managers warning to get "positive" or get sacked.
I always forget how many weeks I have left in these cases
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:and!! ;)
the enlargment plan due date would be nice
same for when loan payments are due
and when i have been given a managers warning to get "positive" or get sacked.
I always forget how many weeks I have left in these cases
nice ideas, i'm going to add them to the todo list.

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

just reminding you of the above.

currently the finance is useable but it would be better with at least the transfers and improvements removed from the bi weekly ballance. I still have to do mental math to subtract transfers from the ongoing ballance. Transfers are a one off they should not appear on a bi weekly "how am i fairing" type report.

Of course this will now wait till 1.91 ;) i suspect
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:Of course this will now wait till 1.91 ;) i suspect
of course ;-)

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

there maybe a bug in your FR now that the sponsor stuff is there.
Makes it time to revist and sort this out..now that we have the TL sorted ;)

the bug looks as if the physio is missing from the FR.
even if its 0 it should be indicated as such.
however i finally got an inj and played a few matches and still saw no physio costs ever come up.

time the FR got sorted. with sponsorship its now very hard to work out how your fairing bi weekly.

stadium and transfers should NOT be apart of the bi weekly balance.
so we should have

ticket income 200,000
sponsorhsip 150,000

wages -100,000
scout - 50,000
pyhsio -10,000
Travel exp - 7,000

totals 350,000 -167,000
bi weekly balance 183,000

Transfers -1,200,450
Stadium 0

Account bal etc
Drawing credit etc
the rest as you have it.. i would however add stadium avg attendance after stadium capacity just to complete the picture
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:Makes it time to revist and sort this out..now that we have the TL sorted ;)
did you test the TL? since you're the one responsible for the changes, you're also responsible for finding the bugs ;-)
the bug looks as if the physio is missing from the FR.
however i finally got an inj and played a few matches and still saw no physio costs ever come up.
gonna check it.
time the FR got sorted. with sponsorship its now very hard to work out how your fairing bi weekly.
ok ok ok, i give in. i'm going to do it as soon as i'm done with the team def system.

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:even if its 0 it should be indicated as such.
i disagree. if you have no injured players you pay nothing and the physio costs only take away some space in the finance view.
dunno. i did the same and the physio costs appeared, all right.
this is implemented now. stadium and transfers are separated from the rest and don't influence the balance.
i would however add stadium avg attendance after stadium capacity just to complete the picture
no. not everybody has a 1200x1600 resolution like you ;-) besides, that's what the stadium window's for.

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

it looks GREAT
did you test the TL? since you're the one responsible for the changes, you're also responsible for finding the bugs Wink
most of it but then I kept finding the finance report getting in the way. ie it was hard to keeptrack of things.. then I got busy at work :( there does seem to be some things of concern but I havent nailed em down yet
i disagree. if you have no injured players you pay nothing and the physio costs only take away some space in the finance view. .....
no. not everybody has a 1200x1600 resolution like you Wink besides, that's what the stadium window's for.
aggh yes ok ill stand down on this one mind you im only running 1024x768 ;)

Im trying to get across how a manager would want to view things. Having spoken to my wife (accounts clerk) you have daily(not important here) weekly or bi weekly, these reports which are just scetchs of whats going on, a quick glimpse, then you have more detailed.

the main report (our FR page) should give a quck indication of the day to day important stuff. (
So whats important?
to me its
avg money coming in V avg money going out (am i saving or spending)
last balance v current balance (a quick indication of TL effects)
capacity v attendance (make sure there is room for the fans)
safety(warning. things may get ugly)
loan info(whats gonna bight me later)
sponsor info(I dont find this too important, i mean so it runs out! who cares its going to offer me a new one, there isnt much i can manage so im not interested)

Both the safety and attendance reports would trigger me to call up the stadium window to increase things, if required. Could you put them on the same line?
avg attendance 30,000 /capacity 35,000

having said all that .. its currently looking great.!! much easier to follow

Physio =0 no show
yep thats fine if we're having space problems collapsing non events is ok. My point was that the eye gets used to seeing things in certain spots on the page if the balance ends up in different spots for eg, it can be hard to use a quick glance.
What type are you?