1.9.0: balance?

The developers will post here to let you peek into future versions and announce new releases.

Moderator: idcarlos

gyboth
Site Admin

1.9.0: balance?

Post by gyboth »

yesterday i tried to simulate a real user and play some seasons without debugging on, make transfers, build the stadium etc :-P ... i gave up eventually, i didn't have the patience :roll:

so here are some questions for those who played the cvs version for some time (atd, mom2pp?). please take some time and answer them faithfully and in detail; game balance is an extremely important aspect of a football manager, if the game's too easy or too hard, people won't play it for more than a season.
  1. what's your impression of the finances? is it too easy to make money? or do you have to fight for your financial lives?
  2. is stadium improvement too cheap? or too expensive?
  3. are new players too cheap? or too expensive? or are the player prices too far apart (they range from 200 000 to 5 000 000 or so, after all)?
  4. is it too easy to win matches? is the influence of boost/anti-boost too big?
gyözö
Last edited by gyboth on Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
atd

Re: 1.9.0: balance?

Post by atd »

gyboth wrote:what is your impression of the finances? is it too easy to make money? or do you have to fight for your financial lives?
I think it is too easy. Now I have about 20M and I can't spend it because there aren't enough good players on the transfer list :roll:
gyboth wrote:is stadium improvement too cheap? or too expensive?
In lower leagues it is too low (I don't now for higher leagues), but maybe it is related to the easy finances. maybe it's better like arnaud said (each league the same price). We start in lowest league, expand the stadium to maximum capacity and promote to first.
gyboth wrote:are new players too cheap? or too expensive? or are the player prices too far apart (they range from 200 000 to 5 000 000 or so, after all)?
They're good I think.
gyboth wrote:is it too easy to win matches? is the influence of boost/anti-boost too big?
They should be more banned, injured and exhuasted after playing boost. It's possible to play constant boost with 19 players
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:
gyboth wrote:what is your impression of the finances? is it too easy to make money? or do you have to fight for your financial lives?
I think it is too easy. Now I have about 20M and I can't spend it because there aren't enough good players on the transfer list :roll:
good, i've lowered the ticket income.
gyboth wrote:is stadium improvement too cheap? or too expensive?
In lower leagues it is too low (I don't now for higher leagues), but maybe it is related to the easy finances. maybe it's better like arnaud said (each league the same price). We start in lowest league, expand the stadium to maximum capacity and promote to first.
as i said, that's not really a good solution. i've increased the improvement costs.
gyboth wrote:is it too easy to win matches? is the influence of boost/anti-boost too big?
They should be more banned, injured and exhuasted after playing boost. It's possible to play constant boost with 19 players
i've diminished the influence on skil and increased influence on fitness decay and injury/foul probability.

thanks for the hints.

gyözö
atd

Post by atd »

Gyboth, it isn't necessary to post it twice :!:
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:Gyboth, it isn't necessary to post it twice :!:
oops. second post removed.

the server is somewhat slow today... i must've pressed the button twice :-P

gyözö
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

gyboth wrote:so here are some questions for those who played the cvs version for some time (atd, mom2pp?).
the last time i really played bygfoot properly was with a really old version of the cvs so i cant answer your questions just yet. on tuesday evening i have a band practice (for more information about my band go to http://www.k666f.org.uk) but on wednesday evening im free so ill play bygfoot then and see if i can answer your questions
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
vector

Post by vector »

hey mom2
http://www.armchaircritics.com/
we rock too ;) im de bass man, 2nd in from right.

oops sorry off topic post the post police will lynch me ;)
be careful changing the balance too much for eg
gyboth wrote:
is it too easy to win matches? is the influence of boost/anti-boost too big?
ok but notice you said "with 19 players" sure.. if the finances allow you to support 19 players(from1.8 experience in the lower leagues I could never afford such luxury ) indeed you can rotate them enough to always run boost. but if you dont have the money to do so or cant get players from the transfer list this would balance itself out. in other words make sure your attacking the source of the inbalance and not patching its "effect".

I played 4 weeks the other night (top league) and coped three > 4week injuries. Even with my "starting" money I couldnt fix the problem because it took so long to get a player off the transfer list and into my team. With 3 inj and two banned players I pretty much couldnt rotate anyone for 3 weeks, I couldnt even buy a "poor skilled" player just as a fill in cause it took so long. (it seems that tactic is now defunct ;( mind you, I have as yet not managed to get anyone off of the Transfer list using the default scout figures.(best scout) but its early days yet i havent played much.
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

vector wrote:hey mom2
http://www.armchaircritics.com/
we rock too ;) im de bass man, 2nd in from right.
cool
i listened to some of your songs they're really good
i wish we were that good
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

oops i posted that 3 times :oops:
Last edited by mom2pp on Tue May 17, 2005 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

but i cant delete my posts in this board :evil:
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

mom2pp wrote:oops i posted that 3 times :oops:
you posted what? i don't see identical posts.

gyözö
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

gyboth wrote:you posted what? i don't see identical posts.
i know i edited them